Location: San Jose, CA
Department: Corporate Operations
Post Date: February, 2014
Casto Travel is one of the largest full-service, privately owned travel management companies in the Western United States. Established in 1974 by founder Maryles Casto, the company has grown in ranks of the top 50 agencies out of 15,000 in the U.S. As a result we have an opportunity for an experienced leader in travel technology. Visit our website at www.casto.com
Schedules appointments, gives information to callers and otherwise provides support for clerical work and minor administrative and business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Opens, date stamps, sorts and distributes mail.
- Answers telephone and provides information/assistance or routes caller to appropriate staff member.
- Takes phone or vender messages and delivers to appropriate individual.
- Greets visitors to the office and directs them to the appropriate individual.
- Composes and types routine correspondence and emails using word processing software.
- Compiles, types statistical reports including tables and text using spreadsheet software.
- Assists Office Manager with monitoring/ordering office supplies.
- Operates and maintains office equipment (photocopier, fax machine, etc).
- Makes copies, collates, and staples materials as requested.
- Establishes and maintains permanent files; files and retrieves files as requested.
- Takes turn at kitchen cleanup duty, along with other employees.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems and record keeping.
- Knowledge of modern business communication, including style and format of letters, memos, emails, minutes and reports.
- Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Skill to type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
Credentials and Experience
- Associates degree with courses in secretarial/office administration.
- Two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Requirements: Willing to work overtime as requested by Office Manager.
If interested in this position please send your cover letter and resume to