I recently spent a week in Aspen experiencing its glamour, cuisine and lots of snow! There is still time for Spring skiing! For the non-skiers there are snowshoe expeditions and dog sled rides, sleigh and snowmobile rides, fly-fishing and cross country skiing. For those who are not adventurous there are numerous shops, and art galleries Aspen is not only a wonderful winter destination, but locals think summer is even better with its music festivals, food and wine events, and hiking and biking excursions.
- Aspen Mountain elevation 7945 ft. is known as much for its social scene as for it terrain. You might share a ski lift with Michael Douglas. For a light lunch try Bonnie’s on the mountain or the Sundeck. Slope side the best people watching is at The Tavern at The Little Nell.
- Aspen Highlands has the most backcountry style in-bounds skiing you’ll find anywhere. Base elevation 8040 ft. On the mountain dining try the Merry-Go-Ground.
- Buttermilk elevation 7870 ft. is considered one of the best learning mountains in the world. For lunch try Bumps at the base area or The Clifhouse at the top of the Summit Express lift.
- The Little Nell blends the virtues of a country inn with the indulgences of a grand hotel. A member of the prestigious Relais & Chateaux. There are 92 rooms and suites featuring contemporary architecture and a private heated pool, located at the base of Aspen Mountain.
- The St. Regis Resort delivers a benchmark of personalized service and unending attention to detail. There are 179 guestrooms and suites, a heated outdoor pool, and the 15,000 sq ft Rema de Spa that offers a comprehensive menu of spa treatments. A treatment includes a glass of champagne and the opportunity to experience the relaxation room equipped with oxygen machines.
- Olives St. Regis Chef Todd English brings his award-winning cuisine to Aspen with hearty portions of Mediterranean-inspired delights. The Taglitelli Bolognese is delicious.
- Social Small plates with delicious flavors from Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- D19 Chef Deana Marino is known for Italian flavors and top quality ingredients.
- Elevation American Cuisine. Modern and chic with warm atmosphere.
- Montagna The Little Nell Hotel Serving contemporary farmhouse cuisine and an award winning wine list.
- Pinons 20 years old and still going strong. A favorite for locals.
- Brunelleschi’s pizza and pasta’s.
- La Cantina Traditional Mexican cuisine including tacos and enchiladas as well as fish and meats.